Dr. Vellidis is currently leading the studies listed below. He is participating in several other studies as a co-principal investigator.
- A Mathematical Model for Predicting Occurrence of Aflatoxin Hotspots in Peanut Fields
- Incorporating Volumetric Water Content (Capacitance) Sensors into the Irrigator Pro-Based Irrigation Scheduling Tool
- Improving the Sustainability of Georgia Cotton by Increasing Nitrogen and Water Use Efficiencies
- Expansion of an Irrigation Scheduling Application to the U.S.
- A SmartIrrigation Mobile App for Corn, Cotton, Peanut, and Soybean
- Developing New Soil Moisture Technologies and Applications for Improving Assessments and Forecasts of Water Issues in the Southeast Such as Flash Droughts, Floods and Ecosystem Health – Georgia Phase